Audutherm hot-work steel
STAHLWERK AUGUSTFEHN supplies forged AUDUTHERM hot-work steels which are suitable for hot working due to the following properties:
- Resistance to annealing
- Heat resistance
- Hot abrasion resistance
- Hot impact strength
- Resistance to temperature change
STAHLWERK AUGUSTFEHN supplies AUDUTHERM hot-work steels by order, with the following meltings and special treatments:
- Open melted for normal stress applications
- Open melted plus fine grain treatment, for high stress applications
Not “as good as possible”, but “as good as necessary”.
- Electro-slag remelting (ESR) plus fine grain treatment, for very high stress applications
- Special compositions are possible, even in quantities of less than 10 metric tons
In most instances, STAHLWERK AUGUSTFEHN delivers AUDUTHERM hot-work steels in soft annealed or tempered form.
STAHLWERK AUGUSTFEHN delivers AUDUTHERM hot-work steels to customer specifications
- as raw forged pieces according to DIN 7527 Bl.6, with handling bores
- pre-machined on all sides
- finally machined, up to final finishing such as an engraved legend, finish, or pattern
STAHLWERK AUGUSTFEHN can provide call-off warehousing if desired.
We also assist our customers in optimizing product service life.